Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, swelling, pain on walking, huge bump, bruise. Used ice and elevated it. Treatment?

Hi. I was hit in the shin with a softball about four weeks ago. The first night, it swelled up a lot and It was painful to wal on. I iced it and elevated it and the swelling went down dramatically. After a few days , I noticed a bump right where I got hit along with a huge bruise . It has been four weeks and there is still a hard bump that is the same spot on my shin. It only hurts if I press down on it really hard. Is this something I should be concerned about ? should I go see my doctor ? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you have developed a hematoma in the area of the injury. The hematoma sometimes remains painful for many days. A hot fomentation and elevating the foot will help in reducing the swelling and discomfort.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Acupressure Specialist Dr. A.K.Sangal,M.D (Acu.&Mag.)'s  Response
Magnetotherapy treat ment;-
use south pole of med. power magnet to paining place for half an hour twice a day for 15 days to reduce pain and swelling and drink magnetic water regularly and report. for detail and magnet cont;9358187406
Answered: Wed, 5 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor