Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, pain on walking, swelling, unable to move foot. Muscle tear or bruise?

I banged my shin on the outside of my right leg about 9 inches up. Two days went by and I was fine, then after being in my work boots for 3 days and walking a lot it hurts like hell. Its been 6 days now and it is still swelled up and I can hardly move my foot and the pain is pretty bad running almost to my knee . Could I have torn or pulled something? This hurts way worse than a bruise
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you have suffered a soft tissue injury causing a hematoma in the area. Avoiding any weight bearing and keeping your foot elevated on two pillows while resting will be helpful. You can ice the area and take a mild pain killer fro symptomatic relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor