Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, large lump, bruising, swollen ankle, yellow discoloration. Treatment?

I got hit in the shin during a softball game. There was a large lump that has now turned into a bruise . In the past week, the bruising has gotten worse and now my ankle has started to swell . I also have bruising in my ankle now. This morning when I woke up, my leg from the knee down had a yellow hue. Should I go see a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  2760
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear thanks for your question, The lump which you have got after an injury is Haematoma ( collection of blood under skin).Haematoma changes various colors during its course, till it disappear, if ,it has got infected, it will increase in size and will produce should urgently see the doctor to get treatment and rule out any under lying fracture
Answered: Sat, 15 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Arnab Maji's  Response
Thanks for your query
Large lump may be because of hematoma that has undergone bruising and sequential colour changes. I think your knee swelling spreaded gradually and ultimately reached your ankle because less tissue support over your sheen bone. Yellow discolouration is due to sequential colour changes of your bruise. Nothing else. Though i must ask you to have a x-ray over your trauma site to exclude fracture. Though chance of fracture is very less here but we must exclude it. Apply nothing over that yellowish portion because it will disappear spontaneously.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query.
It seems that you got hematoma i.e. blood collection at the site of injury.
Now there is infectiontook place giving rise to cellulits and swelling.
Consult surgeon and I think you may require removal of pus and old blood from the part.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor