Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Shin injury. Lump formation, numb to touch. Normal?

Two weeks ago I got hit in the shin with a softball during a game. It seemed to hit the left half of my shin bone and then muscle. There has been a lump right where the ball hit. Last week it was numb to touch, but now it seems to have a little feeling. Is this normal with this type of injury? Is is part of the healing process and will go away on it's own? Should I go see my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  262
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, as you were hit by a "soft ball", i think there should be nothing serious. The lump could be a hematoma which should resolve normally within 3 -4 weeks. Keep "hot fomentation" over that area intermittantly twice a day to hasten the process. If it still hurts you, consult an orthopedic surgeon. Regards
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor