Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Shin bone injury, bruise on ankle, discomfort, itching. Hairline fracture?

I tripped into shower 2 weeks ago and banged my shin bone on metal bar I thought I had broken my leg and needed to put a bag of peas on it so that the muscle which had dented upwards would go down. The bruise took a few days to really see and was huge down to my ankle. It is still uncomfortable and itchy! Somtimes worse if I have walked alot. Could I have a hairline fracture?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  814
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
did you see some doctor after your injury or just wait for healing naturally?did you use medicines? if your answer is in No; then you must see your GP for x ray and advise.meanwhile try to have rest as possible as you can and try to raise your leg from your for bruise is concernd, it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks for complete healing .but you must go to doctor for advise .
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor