Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Shelf above C-section scar that is painful, occasionally numb. CAT ruled out hernia. IS there any surgery to remove shelf?

Is it possible to have a traumatic neuroma from 2 old c-section surgeries? My daughter is 10 and my son is 8, but I have a shelf above my c-section scar that has always been there. Sometimes it is very painful and parts of it are numb. I have had an ultrasound and a CAT scan to rule out hernia or other possible causes. Is there surgery available to remove shelf ?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Shelf above C-section scar:

If this implies that there is an edge of skin which is protruding beyound the skin surface then that can be removed.In the mean time you could try a corset or see if the panty elastic can press it down.see a Plastic Surgeon or a General surgeon to help you improve the quality of your scar
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor