Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Sharp pulsing pains between nipple and center of chest. Take beer regularly. Alarming?

iI am 23 years old and im having a sharp pulsing pain inbetween my left nipple and the center of my chest . Im active and eat moderatly healthy. I have a beer everynow and then. I don t understand why this is happening. I work alot and have really sore muscles. Could that b it, or is it something I should really worry about.c
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be high possibility of internal mammary artery pulsation with overlying muscular ache.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough chest examination including heart work up.
Location of chest pain suggests cardiac evaluation.
Meanwhile, you should take analgesics along with muscle relaxants.
You should also apply hot water soakings for soothing effects.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012

It would have been really helpful if you precise the circumstance in which the pain is provoked i.e if it comes when you are at rest or when doing something or if it is permanent irrespective of what you are doing. How long does the pain last? Frequency? What aggravates it?
Pain at the level where you are describing might be due to coronary artery diseases most probably stable angina pectoris (chest pain which comes with an effort).
What to do is exercise regularly, lower your cholesterol in take, get checked up by a doctor for coronary artery diseases and other cardiovascular diseases. Costochondritis might be another cause of the type of pain you have described and if that is the case, you will require antiinflammatory medications.
It might be necessary to rule out aortic aneurism.

Hope this helps and wish you the best
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor