Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Sharp pains in stomach. The pains have not just been whilst I am on my period. What it can be ?

Hi, my period has been very irregular for the last two months, late, abnormal etc. However, i ve also been getting very short but extremely sharp pains in my stomach and genital areas. The pains have not just been whilst i m on my period.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  319
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are probably having increased pain due to some uterine pathology like fibroid, endometriosis or adenomyosis. You haven't mentioned your age. How many kids do you have if you do. You can take pain killer muscle relaxants like Tablet Meftal spas for relief under medical supervision although it would be best to get seen by a Gynaecologist and also take a scan to see if any of the above are present as they commonly cause severe dysmenorrhoea and get treated correctly.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi, i would like to know if the pains start 1 prior to the mestrual flow or during menses.If it is prior it can be due to endometriosis and if during menses it could be due to various other reasons like myoma etc.Get your pelvic scan done and then consult a gynaecologist.If you need any further help feel free to write me on my mail id.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. The pain in your abdomen could arise due to invlovement of either genital organs, bowel disorder. renal disorder or urinary/renal disorder. As you mentioned pain is not associated with menses but is present in between it is possibly due to other causes like renal stones or cystitis or abdominal pathology. You should tell me more about when the pain comes, what type of pain is it and how is it resolved. Till then you can take Tab meftal spas to relieve pain. You should visit your gynecologist and get an ultrasound done. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Hi, there are various possibilities for such type of pain .

As it is associated it is associated with irregular menses & not related to periods you should exclude PCOD ,(By sonography &consulting Gynac)
if this turns to be normal , your urine check up (routone µscopic )should be done for any problem .Cystitis or ureteric stones can give rise to such pain.
If nothing is wrong, simple digestive problems with gases may be the culprit.
you have not mentioned about yr. age, any urinary, digestive complaints or white discharge?so no specific advice could be gigen

Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Preeti Kathail's  Response
Welcome to health care magic.
Pain in abdomen may be due to many causes like gastric trouble,renal colic,, urinary tract infection or any uterine pathology.
You should go for USG of abdomen & pelvis and also for endoscopy for diagnosis. Meanwhile you can take antispasmodic tab and multivitamines tab.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.see you not mention since how long you have pain.firstly you done sonography of abdomen and also concern gynec doctor for dysmenorrhoea.
Answered: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor