Sharp pain while cleaning ears, slight bleeding, pregnant. Suggestions to prevent further damage?

Hi, I was cleaning my ear this morning with a q-tip and put in too far. I got a sharp pain and immediately pulled it out. I put another one back in and it was very sensitive. The swab came out with a bit of blood on it. I currently don t feel any pain and I m laying on the opposite side. I m worried though. By the way, I m also 7.5 mths pregnant. Please advise on what I should do to protect my ear and whether or not I should visit my dr.
Wed, 13 Mar 2013