Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain when slight pressure is placed on the lower right molar, had filling, replaced again, still persists. What's wrong ?

I had a filling in my lower right molar three months ago Since then I ve been back to my dentist a few times Firstly to file the filling down Then again Followed by removal of the filling and replacing it Yet I m still experiencing sharp pain when slight pressure is placed on the tooth , sensitivity to Hot n cold and a constant aching I m going back next week but I m scared now of the pain
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
dear friend ,
thanx for sharing your concern,

your lower right molar is infected and has got deep caries.

your pulp is exposed to noxious stimuli , could be restorative material. further pulp has got infected .

your tooth can be treated by doing a pulp capping procedure or if required root canal treatment .

an xray is required here to decide on this,
meanwhile you can take tab combiflam 500mg twice daily for three days .

hope it helps.

take care thanx.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Sumra's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I would like to tell that you are having irreversible pulpitis in which pulp is involved.
You will not be relieved by filling rather you need to go for Root Canal Treatment followed by capping.
For further treatment you need to go for proper clinical as well as radiological diagnosis.
Consult with your dentist & start with medicines as prescribed by your dentist.

Take Care
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hi and welcome to HCM,
Pain and discomfort in a restored tooth indicates presence of infection hat may spread to the surrounding periondontal tissue via root apex .
you need to get an x ray done for your tooth which will show the extent of infection and the tissues involved.
accordingly filling is replaced and root canal procedure is done which will remove the infected nerve ,cleaning and shaping of the canals is done is the root apex is sealed.
This procedure devitalises the tooth and sets it pain free permanently and visit a dentist and get it done.
Meantime you can have analgesics for pain relief.
take care.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Welcome to the forum.
It seems that your pulp is infected ,so go for root canal treatment.
after which crown can be placed.
i will advise you to visit your dental surgeon and go for an check X-ray for proper treatment of the teeth.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor