Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain under right shoulder blade, going into elbow joint, unable to extend elbow. Cure?

I am having a real sharp pain under my right sholder blade ( scapula ) and the pain is going into my right elbow joint ..the pain gets so bad in my elbow i cant extend it and the pain so bad in my sholder blade that i cant stand up..the pain does NOT go up into my neck it is like it is like my arm is attached to the side b/c it only goes from my sholder blade right over to my elbow.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
From the complaints you had described it could be some form of muscle catch of the muscles around the shoulder blade. I would advise you to consult an Orthopedician and get an X-ray and further evaluation. You may get better with some basic pain medications and some form of Physio therapy.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor