Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain in the middle of stomach area, lump formed in area. Causes and treatment?

I am experiencing, it is not a constant sharp pain (it almost feels like something is pushing on the bottom of my rib cage as if there is not enough room for whatever it is) where my rib cage ends in the middle of my stomach area. There is also a fairly large lump/ball in that area. Do you know what this could be or what is causing it?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  383
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Pain in the middle of your stomach may be due to Gastritis/Stomach ulcer.You didn't mention whether you have taken any treatment for it and the response?
The lump in that area may be Epigastric hernia,protrusion of fat/any content through a defect.Pain may also occur due to this hernia.It is a simple problem.It is completely curable
But,please consult your surgeon and get it diagnosed.
All the best
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor