Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain in the head, larger right eye. Anything to be concerned?

I am experiencing sharp, very localized pain in two specific parts of my head. They come on totally out of the blue, are extremely painful, then typically ease up after 20-30 seconds. Sometimes there is a dull ache lingering after. Also, my right eye, behind which is one of the spots I get the pain, feels as if there is pressure behind it. My contact is no longer comfortable in that eye, and people have said that my right eye looks slightly larger than my left. I am concerned this could be something serious.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You need to get your refraction and fundus examination done to diagnose the real problem if any in your right eye. It is just possible that the refractive status of your eye has changed and a change is needed in power of glasses/contacts. However, if you have some mental stress you can take some mild anti-depressants and analgesics to cure the problem.

Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hello , it seems you are not carfull about your diet, so pls stop chilled spicy snacks, do massage of the head , avoid bright sunlight / chilled winds.Still problem persist you should undertake ct scan head or x ray pns done and let us kn ow the reports to help you out.Further we can help you with homoeopathy to resolve the problem completely
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor