Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Sharp pain due to knots in back and chest. Serious?

My back always get put out and i see an osteopath to get it fixed however it always happens, i can only assume its due to knots in my shoulder blades, possibly from working behind a computer each day, however more recently i have been getting the only what i can explain as knots in my chest, same place i think that they are on my back but in my chest and sometimes when i move sudden or move direction i get a sharp pain. Can you tell me if this is something to worry about
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The recurrent knots in the back and chest that you often get is likely to be due to muscle spasms. This can be taken care of with the help of oral muscle relaxants and hot fomentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor