Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Sharp needle like pain in lower abdominal area lasting for 10 minutes. Causes ?

Hi, my name is AAAA, female. I ve been suffering from sharp needles like pain in my lower abdominal area. It comes and goes lasting normally about 10 minutes. However, lately it s been lasting longer (e.g 12hrs or so) and in occasion I can feel it in my back. It prevents me from moving, stretching and laying down normally. I find myself having to sleep sideways in a fetus like position to ease the pain. I am not pregnant nor am I on my period. Can u help me please??
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1386
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
To answer your question you need to provide some clinical data like: how old are you, do you suffer from any severe diseases, do you take any drugs, do you drink an alcohol and how often, in which part of abdomen is this pain located (is it on your right or left lower abdominal area?). Do you suffer from nausea or vomiting, is there any blood or mucous in your stool, do you have diarrhea or constipation problem have you had any abdominal operations, does it appears after a meal, do you take any drugs that relieves your pain, do you have a fever, since when do you suffer from this pain, have your weight has changed since last time, do you have any pain or burning during urination?
Without this answer it is very hard to tell what causes your pain. It is advisable for you to have at least performed abdominal USG, some blood and urine tests.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have loose stool/ fever/ vomiting/ nausea?
Do you have burning urination/ increased frequency of urination?
You should go for ultrasound imaging of abdomen and CT/ MRI scan if needed.
You should also consult with physician and surgeon.
You may have stone impaction/ fecolith impaction.
Get well soon.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor