Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Sharp lower abdominal pain, diarrhea, dark green stools with black specks. Causes?

Hi, I have a question. for about 6 years now I will get very sharp pains in my vary lower abdomen and every time I know I need to go to the bathroom. I was wondering what causes it and what I can do about it? Also ive had diarrhea all day and the last time I went it was very dark green almost black with what it looks like a lot of black flacks. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Likely you may be suffering form irritable bowel.
Only thing is black colored stools suggest altered blood in stools.
Get your hemoglobin and stool routine done if it is abnormal you may need further evaluation by a gastroenterologist.
Hope this answers your query.
Please do reply in case of any further questions.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor