Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Sharp intense pain in my groin area

I had a lump in my right groin area above my testicle approximately 2 inches above and to the side of my penis and now I get sharp pains there from time to time, especially if I touch it and put pressure on it. The lump itself never hurt and went away a while back, but the sharp, very intense pain started then and is still there. I am a 43 year old male. I am not overweight or have had any problems in the past with this issue.
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  484
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
most likely you are having inguinal hernia and you need immediate consultation with surgeon for treatment
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
It seems that you have got Inguinal hernia,
history is typical of hernia as sometimes it appears and dis appears, in the medical term it is called reducible,uncomplicated direct inguinal hernia.
you consult surgeon for confirmation and surgery as some time it may twist,causing obstruction and complication.
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor