Shall my 14 years old go for surgery to remove the cyst from her wrist?

Hello. My daughter is fourteen years old. She has CRPS in her left wrist which she writes with, a ganglion cyst in the same wrist, and amplified musculoskeletal pain syndrome ( also known as RSD, RND, etc.) The problem is in her wrist. The cyst has gotten bigger and more painful. Around six months ago she completed physical therapy, and they said if it gets any worse to go back to her orthopedist and that it would most likely require surgery. We haven t taken her back yet, but we were wondering what to expect. More details...Her cyst was 8mm (0.8 cm) before and now it is about the size of a marble. (We can tell because it now pops up on the skin)She can t write or do any sports or lifting of any kind. It never gets fully better. Only worse or bearable.This has been a problem for around two years or so.
Tue, 4 Nov 2014
Your daughter seem s to have two problems they may or may not be related to each other. As far as the ganglion on the wrist is concerned in the light of the symptoms she has it is advisable to get it excised surgically but the important thing to be noted or kept in mind is that the pain she is experiencing may or may not resolve with the surgery and there is an very remote possibilty that this ganglion might reoccur.
So it is advisable to revisit your orthopedcian and also get a second opinion since it is a complex situation. Examination gives additional information and so get it checked and getting an opinion is worthwhile and then keeping the cons and pros of the procedure you can go ahead. She may also have to visit a pain clinic specialist.