Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Shaking, weakness, high pulse rate, skipping heart beats, elevated BP. Treatment for symptoms?

My normal resting heart rate is around 60 b/m. In the past month with increasing frequency I will get shaky inside, feel weak and at those times my heart rate has been as high as 104 b/m. Sometimes this occurs while I am in a resting position and then my heart rate is around 80 times per minute with a pause every 8 to 11 beats. My blood pressure is also elevated running around 145/85.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of heart arrhythmias.
Presence of skipped beats and fluctuations in heart rate suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist / cardiologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for electrocardiography (ECG) on preliminary basis.
You should also go for holter monitoring and electrophysiological studies of heart, if required.
You should also keep watch on blood pressure. Your blood is at borderline and above than this may require treatment.
Beta blockers are the best option.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor