Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Sexually active, having uneven breast, deep raspy voice, irregular periods. Possible cause?

Hi, My name is Sajna Riley. I am 17 years of age, sexually active and rather healthy. Since the age of 13 i have had the issue of uneven breast . My left breast is noticibly smaller than my right breast, and often i have to stuff my left just so it won t be a problem or so no one will acknowledge it. Since i was about the age of 10, I have always had a deep raspy voice. It doesnt change, and ive always had this masculine outlook, i ve been through constant teasing and etc. but i m unsure of what the cause may be . Finally, to top it all off, the beginning of last year when i had just turned 16, I received my period for the second time. (When i use the term second time , i mean it as in when i was in Fourth grade I had received my period for three months.. and then it never came back... and it just reappeared a year ago..) so later last year i engaged in sexual activity and After i did so for the first time, I stopped receiving my period once again. Its been 9 months, and I am not pregnant or taking any birth control or medication . Ive only had intercourse that one time, and it was protected. I feel as though all of this is linked together, Help ?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Sajna,

Thank you for your query.

It is very common to have breasts of different size.

You mentioned that you have had periods of two occasions. In the initial few years it is not uncommon to have irregular periods which become regular over the next few years.

Though you said that you had intercourse I presume every thing is normal. Nonetheless it is better to get yourself examined and get your hormonal profile done to be sure of the status of the hormone levels. Following the report of the hormone levels your doctor can take a call on your hoarse voice and may refer you to a speech therapist for the needful.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing you all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor