Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Sexual encounter during which condom broke, have muscle spasm, body aches, stabbing armpit pain, antibody test negative. HIV?

Hi Doc i had a brief sexual encounter with a sex worker and during anal the condom broke , i noticed it after a few seconds , from that day which was 7 weeks ago , i keep thinking i have HIV , reason been i started feeling very tense in my back , followed by some muscle spasms or aches all over my body mainly my arms and back and then a stabbing pain in my armpits , i got a antibody test at 4 weeks which was negative , i think about it every single second , i read this could also be related to stress and anxiety please help
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
Since you had a sexual contact with a sex worker (High risk behaviour) there is a possibility of contracting HIV only if the other person has HIV.
The best possible way out is to get the HIV status of the other done if possible. If not get your test done after a period of four week.
Besides HIV there is also a risk of contracting other sexuallt transmitted diseases, Be cautious about them too.

The symptoms that you have mentioned are not charateristic of HIV infection.

Muscle spasms and body aches point tpwards a viral etiology. Take rest and see if you recover in few days. If not visit your physician.

Take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
donot bother you are not HIV affected.after 4wks or 3 months or ELISA OR WESTERN BLOT IF NEGATIVE relax as these symptoms are not related to HIV do simple rapid test.
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor