Sex with a woman after her cardiac arrest

Is it safe to have sex with a woman after her cardiac arrest ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
This is a question for her doctor, not for YA.

My mom is in the ICU after a cardiac arrest. The doctor said it is related to her Gastritis which she was diagnosed years ago. How is it possible to go into cardiac arrest w/ a gastritis? The night before the arrest she complained of back pain, dizziness and nausea. She is currently stable and the doctor is going to wean her off the ventilator today at 1:00PM Philippines time. Thank you.

How a person go into cardiac arrest and what is the reason of it .Is it possible that any one gets life after cardiac arrest ?

my brother had a kidney removed and in the middle of the surgery he threw a clot and went into cardiac arrest. They massaged the heart for 1.5 hours before they put him on bypass. Is it possible to have any brain function other than breathing and blinking after this? My brother is 62 years old

Recent questions on  Cardiac arrest

My son-in-law, 37, fit and not overweight, went into the hospital emergency yesterday with face numbness and very high blood pressure. His cardiac enzymes were elevated. He was admitted and received heparin to reduce his blood pressure and he just went through a cardiac stress test...what are they looking for and should he expect to be discharged today? Would that be a good idea? His mother died of cardiac arrest in her mid to late forties.

sir, I am 36 years old male, recently had chest pain and was detected to have acute coronary syndrome with troponin T positive 0.98 ng, 100% stenosis in the left circumflex artery and got a PTCA with stenting to that artery. Now that i have passed 25 days after PTCA, I am still worried about having a second heart attack or some clot or stenosis in other places or even sudden cardiac arrest.. Please advise me what I should do? how to find out what percentage of my heart muscles got damaged

My uncle has just had his 2nd triple bypass and on his 2nd day of recovery he went into cardiac arrest twice! the firs time he lost o2 for 10 mins, they have him resting now for 24 hours. He is stable at this time but his echo showed changes with an ef of 50% to an ef of 25%. I was wondering what were the chances of his ef increasing and how could we make that happen?

Dear Doctor, In May 2011, this happened with me for the first time when I was not at home and was away for work. I was asleep and at night around 02:30 I started feeling uncomfortable in sleep. My eyes opened and I started feeling breathless. Also was feeling like I was about to lose consciousness. Luckily that day I had my colleague with me in the next room. I summoned his help. By that time I started sweating and my body was going cold. Suddenly my colleague gave me some sugar and a glass of water. After taking water and sugar I started gaining consciousness. Immediately within 30 seconds, I felt loose motion. I toilet I also vomited. After all this going on for almost 20-30 minutes, I was frightened. Slowly my body started breathing normally, but whole night this incident didn t allow me to sleep. Next day I consulted doctor, who told me that this happened due to dehydration and lack of enough sleep. Now again yesterday night I was having cold and fever. My whole nose and ear area was choked. I took Paracetamol, sprayed some Otravin, wore sweater, turned off the fan and went to sleep. Within 60 minutes my fever was gone, but I was not able to sleep. At around 03:00 night I started feeling that I am not able to breathe properly. I opened the door and went in balcony, but I was not gaining breathe. I didn t wanted to repeat the May 2011 scene so I immediately rushed to hospital. There first of all my heart beat rate was checked. Then blood pressure and finally blood sugar level. All found ok. There doctor gave me some breathing treatment with medicine to clear cold and help me breathe properly. The doctor asked me to take Taxim-O and Levocelvi....(something, I cannot read) My paternal history is 4/5 siblings (my father and his brother and sisters) has history of diabetes. My father passed away at the age of 49 due to cardiac arrest. This is the reason I am a bit worried and do not want to take chances with my health. I want to know whether the cause told in both the incidents are true? Shall I go for any other check-up? (The heart, blood pressure and sugar reports were normal in both incidents) What shall I do in emergency if this happens with me again?

I have been told I have sinus bradycardia and am having symptoms of light headedness, fatigue , confusion, heart palpitations, pulse between 40 and 50 for 5 days. Should I go see my doctor or jusr see if it passes. Why would it get worse as I have...

Hi I'm worried that early repolarization can cause sudden death I've read so much about this online, I had it on my ECG I don't understand why doctors are not concerned

I am on metronidazole for giardia and med info said not to use propylene glycol, as if I knew what that was, and I started getting fluttery sensation in throat and down to chest like I had asthma . I brainstormed what it could be and looked into...