Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Severely painful spasm in rectum. Help

Over the past two days, this has been occurring. I suppose the best way to describe is a severely painful spasm in what I can only guess to be my rectum. I'm fairly certain that's where it is. It lasts for about ten seconds, which may not seem long, but with how much it hurts.. My whole body tenses up, by my reaction to the pain, and as it gets worse I get slightly lightheaded, which I believe is my body's response to the pain. Also, even when the spasms aren't occurring, when I cough and sometimes when I laugh it hurts with a similar but not nearly as severe pain. It hurts to stand, stand up, and sit. I don't know what to do and if it's somethign that will pass soon,I won't bother with seeing a doctor. But, otherwise, I'll have to because I can't stand this.What do you think it might be?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you may be suffering from anal fissure.
It can be confirmed by clinical examination.

Following may be helpful :-
1. Sitz bath.
2. Avoid spicy foods.
3. Use of laxative.
4. Eating fibre rich foods.
5. Use of topical anaesthetic.
6. Use of Nitroglycerine ointment locally.

I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor