Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Severely deaf with just 2% hearing left in both ears. Hearing aids are not really doing. Medical cure for this?

I am going into surgery tomorrow to have bones worked on in my Ear. I don't know exactly what the doctor will be doing. I am severly deaf with just 2% hearing left in both ears. Hearing aids are not really doing the job for me anymore. I recently changed doctors and my new Doctor said that he can do reapir, while my Old ( Old ) doctor said their was nothing that could be done. I recently had a good hearing test done and the report that was sent to my new doctor said that I had mixed hearing loss. My doctor says that he may be able to improve my hearing by 30% by doing this operation. How long is the recovery for this, how great are the risk. I only saw my doctor last Thursay for the first time and we did not get a chance to talk much about the surgery. I will not see him again until tomorrow at the hospital.

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
if mixd hearing loss it mean you have conductive loss and can be due to bone fixation
if we change the bone lie stapes mostly involved there isgood movement and conductive looss is recovered if done correctly there are lot of chances of imoovement of hearing
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor