Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Severe weight gain despite good diet, fatigue. Diagnosed with pernicious anemia and bronchiectasis. Taking B12 injections. Do I have endocrine problems?

I am a 52 year old woman who has been gaining lots of weight over the last nine years (3 stone) despite eating healthily and reasonably. I was a fitness instructor for many years, running 25 miles a week, but suddenly became extremely fatigued and was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia and now receive B12 injections. My health never really recovered and further testing uncovered bronchiectasis (mild case). I vomit most days with eating - particularly if I haven’t eaten for a long period or with carbs, have absolutely no sex drive and am tired all the time. I am a lacto vegetarian who eats lots of good food as a preference. I exercise by walking every day possible and am desperate to feel healthy again. A specialist thought I may have m.e. but I recently read an article and I feel that maybe endocrinology might be an option - especially now that I am perimenopausal. Would an endocriologist be able to help do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
You need to get your thyroid profile checked in blood.
You may also do an Ultra sound scan of abd-pelvis. Revert back with results.
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor