Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe toothache with sensitive gum. Feeling pain in the face. Why?

Hi. My tooth hurts me really bad on the right side of my face. Its extremely sensitive when I touch it, so do my gums all around the area of that tooth. As well, another tooth seem to be paining me every now and then as well.
Im even starting to have my right side of my face in pain and it goes up to my head. I feel like its pretty serious. Only lasted past 2 days.
Can you please tell me what it could possibly be? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Cause of toothache has to be evaluated clinically.

If tooth is decayed,it has to be root canal treated or extracted depending on severity of lesion.

Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics.

Get your teeth cleaned.

Maintain oral hygiene well.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

your history suggests that you have an infected tooth on right side.

this is causing you extreme pain which is also radiating to other parts.

here it is necessary for you to visit your dentist once ,and get that affected tooth examined and get x ray done.

Based upon which if required root canal treatment can be done.

for now you can take pain killers.

Meanwhile maintain good oral hygiene .

hope it helps.

take care.
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Tooth pain along with swelling of gums indicates infection of tooth that had spread to the periapical tissue leading to formation of periodontal abscess.

Swelling of the gums is due to inflammation of gums known as gingivitis, it leads to sensitivity, redness, swelling, pain, recession of gum, exposure of surface.
Pian on the right side of the face can be radiating pain from infected tooth.

I would suggest you to get clinical evaluation of the tooth done by a Dentist take an x-ray.
Treatment such such type of tooth pain is root canal treatment.

Get complete mouth scaling polishing done.
Take a complete course of antibiotic and analgesic, use lukewarm saline gargles 3-4 times a day, use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor