Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe testicular pain, initial stage of varicocele. Surgery required?

my husband was feeling pain in his testes for sometimes when diagnosed he was found with varicocele .is ther any other way other than surgery to treat it as it is initial.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response

A varicocele is a scrotal abnormality defined by elongated, dilated and tortuous veins that drain the testicle. Varicoceles are common, observed in 15% of the general male population, and are presumably an evolutionary consequence of men's upright posture. Most varicoceles (>80%) occur on the left side and the remainder on both sides. They are generally acquired during puberty.
Several theories have been proposed to explain their occurrence, including poorly functioning valves and increased resistance to blood flow where the varicocele veins drain, creating a "dam-like" effect and increasing venous pressure. They do not cause cancer and are not life threatening, but are simply an anatomic consequence of being human. If it continues to trouble better surgical excision.
Consult you own surgeion/urologist.
Answered: Thu, 15 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor