Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Severe sunburn on the nose, fluid discharge from the skin. What to do?

I am just back from holiday and unfortunately on the last day underestimated how strong the sun was and got my nose sunburned. It's not like it hasn't happened before and it's not actually that bad but there seems to be some sort of fluid seeping from the surface of the skin. I've moisturised loads and kept it clean etc. any idea what it could be?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Sunburn can cause redness, itching swelling, fluid filled blisters and oozing.
To treat the same
Apply a mild steroid cream over affected area
Do cold water compresses
If required take oral antihistamine like cetirizine
Drink plenty of water maintain adequate hydration
Avoid sun, apply sunscreen with SPF at least 30

Hopefully your sunburn would improve soon.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Geetika Paul's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum

You seem to have developed sun burns due to excessive sun exposure...
You need to apply a topical steroid containing mometasone cream over the affected area atleast twice a day over the affected area inorder to decrease the inflammation..
And take some oral antihistamines like levocetrizine once a day.
You should use a sunscreen (spf>26) everytime before you go out in the sun in future,..
Regarding a sunscreen, it is important that
You should apply adequate amount of sunscreen over all the exposed areas before going out in the sun
It should atleast be applied 30 minutes before any kind of sun exposure
It should be reapplied every 3-4 hours in you stay out in the sun...

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor