Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Severe sun burn suddenly blistered on left shoulder, burst and discharged yellow fluid. Blisters in chest and right shoulder. Diabetic, worried of infection. Cure?

I received a sunburn on Monday. It didn t seem too bad at first, but Friday it suddenly blistered on my left shoulder , a blister burst and discharged some yellow fluid. It s Saturday where I am now and my left shoulder has yellow skin like it s been stained. The blister didn t leak enough to stain that large of an area and it will not wash off. Now blisters have formed on my chest and right shoulder as well, I suspect my back has them too. I m newly diabetic and I m very afraid of an infection. I spent six days in ICU over a skin infection not long ago. I m on a summer vacation and I m literally 8,000 miles from home and I have no idea what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  516
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi Stephine,

Thank you for writing in.

I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.

Facts are: 1. You are a diabetic 2. You are thousands of miles away from home 3. You have a lesion which could be infected locally at the site 4. Recently, you have had a bad experience of severe illness due to systemic spread of infection. Therefore, get the infection as possibility excluded or if it is there, get it
So, you ought to see a doctor (your hosts locally or the travel agency will be happy to recommend one to you) after the proper examination if infection is suspected. Certain investigations like culture of aspirate from the blister or swab rubbed off the blister and complete blood count will prove the infection and its type. Proper treatment will be instituted. In a diabetic patient any suspicion of infection is an emergency to be tackled as soon as possible. If you can tell which country and place you are in, may be Health care magic would suggest the way around.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Answered: Tue, 19 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor