Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Severe stomachache, blood in stool. Test indicated fatty liver. What is the treatment?

Hi, This is Praveen (32 ys), my recent blood test and LP test gave shocking results, Cholesterol - 244 and SGPT - 127. My Ultra sound test indicates Fatty Liver (17.2 cm), I used to be a Alcoholic, but since 8 months i have socially (i,e so far i would have had 4-5 times). i even stopped smoking since 2months. Very frequently i bleed along with my stool. I get bad stomach ache before, when ever i bleed. I keep on getting pain at the bottom of my rib position towards the right side, ie near the liver. Can you please provide me of what i should do further, and take care offf...
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi Praveen,
Thanks for your query.
All the problems which you develop are due to alcohol and smoking. Stomach ache before bleed in stool is due to gastric or esophageal varices. All your symptoms are suggestive of Alcoholic fatty liver
I suggest you to stop Alcohol immediately not even socially. Have a balance diet rich in green leafy vegetables & fruits. Have a complete medical checkup with a Medical Gastroenterologist.
Hope this will help you. I will we available for follow up. Wish you a good health.

Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor