Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Severe stomach pain that starts from rib and travels to shoulder, aggravates on walking, have bitter taste in mouth, swallowing difficulty. Cure?

Well I have sever stomach pain that starts under my right rib cage travels up my back to my right shoulder . They checked for gallstones that was negative . It has been for 3 days now . It hits me about 11am everyday . It gets worse when I walk around , and stand if I sit down it feels better . I Amos have a bitter taste in my mouth , and a cotton mouth . I franks four bottles of water it did not help . Everything I ate I would have a hard time swallowing . If I lay down the pain seems to go away but as soon as I start being mobile it is painful . But at night it seems to feel a little better . I have so much pain I shake. Also when I eat something the roof of my mouth hurts so bad I can t it . What should I do .
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
First of all , your symptoms are quite overlapping for which I suggest you get a detailed investigation done.
Investigations suggested:
1. Blood test: 1. Liver function test
2. Serum amylase, serum lipase
3. Renal function test
2. Ultrasound abdomen.
3. X- Rays: 1. KUB region
2. Barium swallow x-ray
These are the preliminary investigations which would help to rule any abdominal pathology like acute pancreatitiis, acute cholelithiasis (CBD stone), Renal stone, esophageal stricture or esophageal spasm.

Depending upon the reports you might also need
1. Upper G.I. endoscopy
2. CT scan thorax and abdomen.

Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Csharpe.
Thanks for query.
It seems that you might be having Acute Pancreatitis or Acute Renal colic.
Go for ultra sound and find out the cause.
After report go for treatment accordingly.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor