Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Severe stomach pain during periods. Taking meftal and bustapan. Any alternate medication?

period time stomach pain i was getting every month stomach pain 2days period time i had consult 3 doctors they give tablets meftal spas nd bustapan plus i used but tat tablet not reduce my pain i get a lot of pain give me gud tablet nd i had consult a doctor she had scanning nd every ting my periods also regular but problem is only pain
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

You are having spasmodic dysmenorrhoea. This is related mainly to the egg formation and hormonal changes.

If some painkillers and antispasmodics like meftal spas and buscopan are not giving you any relief, you may try birth control pills for few months. This should give you relief from painful menstruation. Still if it persists, you may have to undergo widening of the mouth of the uterus.

Before submitting yourself for any invasive procedure, it is advisable that you get your ultrasonography done to find out any tumour like fibroid. If so, that aspects needs to be managed. However, such causes are responsible for pain before the menses start and then there is relief.

I believe, you are still unmarried. Hence, the noninvasive management is on.

Please report to your Gynecologist.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2016
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar's  Response
Jan 2018
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully gone through your case, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.
1] please do not panic.
2] first of all get USG done. This will help to find out exact cause of your pain.
3] It can be due to some medical problem like endometriosis or fibroid.
4]As per your age ( not mentioned in the query), the problem can be handled by expert gynecologist.
5] Meftal spas or Ultracet are effective medicines, and taking them only during the periods for pain relief is not harmful.
6] but still we need to find out and treat the underlying cause if any.
I hope my answer helps you.
Answered: Thu, 29 Oct 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor