Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe stomach cramps, might be related to stress. Hot water bottles help. Permanent cure?

i ve beeen gettin really bad stomach cramps for the last 4 months, everyone keeps tellin me its stress related as i moved to last may, i dont think this is the case buti cant find anythin to ease my pain, hot water bottles help but only for a little while, i work really long hours and sleep is impossible with the pain
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by stress indeed. But 4 months is long enough to start some diagnostics and find the reason. Your symptoms can be caused by peptic ulcer (upper middle abdominal pain which appears after a meal), gallstones (upper right abdominal pain radiating to the back), urinary tract infection (lower abdominal pain radiating to the one side back, frequent urinating, burning when urinating), large intestine diseases (blood in stool, diarrheas and/or constipations), uterine and ovaries disease and IBS.
You should start with abdominal ultrasound, full blood work, liver tests, amylase, bilirubin, urine analysis. Upper GI endoscopy should be done and transvaginal ultrasound.
If no findings, stool tests and FOBT (feccal occult blood test) should be performed.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor