Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Severe shoulder pain with a feeling of fluid under skin that is oozing. What should be done?

my husband has severe pain in his left shoulder and it is red and feels like there is fluid under the skin. 2 or 3 years ago he had a similar complaint . His shoulder exploded and awful smelly fluid did come gushing out and ran for a few days . My husband is bedridden and I cannot get him to a doctor s office, but his doctor thought it might be staph infection after consulting with me and seeing a picture of the opening where the fluid came out. A VISITING NURSE showed me what to do to pull the remaining fluid out( using a wet to dry bandage . He got over that and has been fine until the last several days of pain and now the swelling and apparent fluid build-up. Any thoughts and what can I do? E-mail address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM
It seems to be blister formation over his left shoulder. Rupture of the blister might required under supervision of doctor. Sterile dressing should be done to prevent the infection. Antibiotic treatment might required to control the infection.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 17 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor