Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Severe shooting pain on the sides of the body after a fall. MRI suggested. What is it?

I fell on my back five days ago, the pain is so severe I can barely walk. It doesn't hurt too much if I lie completely still but the moment I move I get sharp shooting pains on one side. They hurt so bad it brings me to tears. It feels as though my insides are burning. Not that the soreness from the inpact of the fall is gone I have numbness around the area. I went to the er 4 days ago and my X-rays showed no brakes or fractures, my doctor told me to wait another week before I go get an MRI but I am in the wost pain I've ever expierenced in my life even with the pain killers, muscle relaxers and ibprofine. Should I be concerned I'm not feeling any better? What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, It looks like you have sustained ligamentous injury of the spine (possibly posterior column ligaments) which shows up nothing on Xrays. Definitely the injury produces excruciating pain during movements and pain will be much once you are supine (lying flat). So definitely there is a need for you to undergo MRI scan as it will pick up all the soft tissue problems in your spine. Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor