Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Severe shin injury, unable to put weight on foot, large bump on thigh. Treatment?

Hi, I was at work today and opened a door and someone had left a metal cart in the way of the door. In a rush, almost running I proceeded to trip over the cart and bang my shin pretty bad. It s been 7 hours and I was relaxing at home. When I got up to walk around, I could hardly put weight on my foot and there is a huge bump on my thigh. Should I go get this checked out?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
is there a deformity, restriction of movement, severe pain, there could be a fracture.
but since you were better for 7 hours, it is less likely.
blunt injury/ soft tissue contusion/ muscle bleed is more likely. depends on many factors.
you may rest and see what happens. if you are old, think you have a broken bone, pl. see your doctor.
take simple pain killers available at home. may apply analgesic ointments if no wound.
take care and keep me posted on your progress.
Good luck !
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Abdullah Shafir. M's  Response
Definitely you should get it checked as soon as possible.Please take a Xray of the leg and femur AP and Lateral view and consult a orthopaedic surgeon.
Get well soon.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor