Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Severe sensitivity to sun, dark circles. Why?

I am extremely sensitive to sun. I do use sunscreen but my job is outdoorsy and its not enough just to put on the lotion, it seems. Please suggest. I also have dark circles under my eyes and though they reduce with good sleep and excercise, they never completely go away. What can i do? I take my iron and vitamin supplement (including vitamin E ) regularly.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for writing to us.
Sun exposure can aggravate pigmentation.Keeping the sunprotection is important to treat hyperpigmentation. Use sunscreen with SPF 50.
Effective oral and topical medications are now available for Hyperpigmentation around eye.
My advise to you would be to use topical Glyaha cream with good moisturizer.
Take vitamin C tablets daily.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
if your skin is sensitive and sun exposure is there,you need to use physical sunscreen containing zinc oxide .
apply it before 20 minutes of sunexposure
anti oxidant tab will more work than just iron and vitamin tab
drink plenty of water and take fruits and green vegs
i hope i answered your question

Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor