Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Severe scar formation on the face due to acne. Have hyperpigmentation and tanning. TCA with sotret and doxy c prescribed. Need permanent cure

Facing acute scar & marks problem on my face due to polonged Acne/pimples. Also, hyperpigmentation & tanning is also there. Kindly dvice. My dermatologist has advised me TCA wit medicines like SOTRET, DOXY C-1 Forte (both once a day for 1 month), Sofradex (to apply) & Adaplene (to apply).... My problem is 8 years old, scars & marks have become hgh from last 1 year
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Superficial scars would respond to peeling but deep acne scars which are mainly pitted would not. In deep pitted scars, one needs to release the scars from their underling attachment with the help of needles called subcision and after that fill in the dead space so create with artificial fillers or fat to smooth out the surface. However, you can go in for the TCA application as the first step and then consult a plastic surgeon for further procedures which I have mentioned.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor