Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Severe persisting pain under the rib cage. Painful while breathing, coughing or sneezing. Loss of appetite, chills. any suggestions?

I have had an excruciating sharp pain underneath my right lower rib cage for about 4 days. It is very painful when I breathe deeply, laugh, cough , or sneeze . I constantly have the chills, and have a lack of energy. I dont have much of an appetite and I have been feeling bloated. The other strange occurrence, though I m not sure it us connected what so ever, is a little over a week ago I had my period and it was extremely heavy (a super tampon was sometimes not even lasting an hour) for about 4 days. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query

i can feel your concerns

i advise you to take rest

donot put weight

cold massage is also helpful

you can also apply some local painkiller like diclofenac sodium on site

take some oral painkiller as well

i advise you to consult your doctor for proper examination

you may need few investigations like x-ray after consulting your doctor

wishing you a speedy recovery

Hope i have ansewered your query
i am available for your help
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vakul Aren's  Response
Welcome to HCM.The pain in the lower right rib cage couild be secondary to gall bladder disease like gall stones/infection,liver diseases,musculoskeletal causes like muscle spasm/rib strain/muscle tear due to overstraining /myalgia secondary to viral infection.The fatigue and anorexia could also be secondary to a acute viral infection .The heavy menstrual bleeding could be secondary to hormonal imbalance,fibroids in the uterus,due to IUD use and due to systemic disease including infections.A examination by your doctor will help identify any such problem.
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor