Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Severe period pain, had surgery for pulmonary Endometriosis, laparscopy treatment for Fibroid cyst. Can get pregnant now ?

Hi ! Am 29 had endo yrs Severe period pain every month I never much of a life whilest on my period cant work eat or do anything to help myself ,nothing worked , found out I had pulmonary Endometriosis had surgery on my lungs few months ago then 2 weeks ago I had a laparscopy treatment for my end and Fibroid cyst , been married for 5 yrs we really want to start a family now can I get pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
When the doctor performed the laparoscopy, I would think that they would have done a test at the same time to see if the fallopian tubes were all right or not. If the doctor said that the tubes were patent( that is, not blocked), there is good chance of your getting pregnant. If your periods are regular and you have monthly cycles, it would mean that you are ovulating, and that would mean a good chance of pregnancy as well.
However, if you don't get pregnant in the next one year, do go back and see a gynecologist with interest in fertility. The doctor would order a few other tests and advice you if you would need help in getting pregnant like IVF.
Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor