Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Severe pain under the foot. What could it be?

Hi. Today i was walkin from my living room to the kitchen and all of a sudden i got a really bad pain in the bottom of my left foot; right in the arch of my foot. I almost fell straight to floor and since then i cant walk. I cant stand even or put ant pressure on it. I have to hop around my house pushin a kitchen chair! Please Help Me!! What could it be?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query

It seems you might suffering from planter fasciitis. It is inflammation of planter fascia. You can apply ice to affected area and take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.

Using soft foot wear and doing stretching exercises may help to relieve pain.
If it persists, consult your orthopaedic Surgeon for thorough examination and further management.

Hope this Will helps you


Dr Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Pain in arch of foot and walking disability suggest Plantar Fasciitis, which is inflammation of plantar fascia (thin ligament that connects your heel to the front of your foot).
It can be caused by strain or trauma.You are at a greater risk for developing plantar fasciitis if you are overweight or obese.Women who are pregnant often experience bouts of plantar fasciitis.Simply wearing shoes with soft soles and poor arch support can also result in plantar fasciitis.
apply ice for 15 to 20 minutes three or four times a day to reduce swelling.
Using arch supports in your shoes and doing stretching exercises may also help to relieve pain.
ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) and naproxen (Aleve), are often used to reduce inflammation in the ligament.
If symptoms dose not resolve contact your doctor for further management.
Hope it helps!
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Masroor Mir Hussain's  Response
Going by the description of the event, it seems like a sprain. Look out for swelling, increasing pain or loss of mobility. Taking pain killers, applying ice, elevating the foot and providing rest to the foot can help. However, if the symptoms worsen, you might need an X ray to rule out a fracture.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor