Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Severe pain on the shin after playing. Pain on bending the knee. Bruised badly. Should I worry?

I was running while playing football last nite, n I got a sudden pain at the bottom of my knee , near the top of my shin, it doesn t Hurt when I keep my leg straight bit hurts when I bend it, n it feels like a really bad bruise when I touch it, don t know if it is a bruise under the skin or something more serious? Can u help?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
sounds like you may have sprained a ligament or tendon around your knee. it's difficult to know exactly which one without knowing the precise location of your pain. rest, ice and an antiinflammatory drug such as ibuprofen can help these particular problems. it usually take 3 -4 weeks for symptoms to improve.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor