Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the upper right hand side of the chest, please suggest me the remedy

there has been a severe pain in the right hand upper side of the chest..? wht can be the resons for this pain..?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  963
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
The things that can give you pains in the chest range from trivial (soft tissue injuries) to severe and life threatening. You should really get checked out by a doctor. Nonetheless - here are some reasons you might have pains in the chest Skin - do you have a rash, particularly the blistery rash of "shingles" Chest wall - have you sustained trauma (been struck) to the chest wall - you might have broken a rib or strained a muscle. This sort of pain is classically worse if you breathe or move. Lung lining (Pleura) - some things, particularly viral illnesses can give rise to sharp pains related to the lining of the lung. This is a pain that is classically worse if you breathe or move. Pneumothorax - air between the lung and the chest wall - can be spontaneous or relating to rib fracture Pneumonia - chest infection - you'd be coughing, having a fever and off your food ... Pulmonary Embolism - clot in the lung - small clots can get to the periphery and cause a pleuritic chest pain. Ischaemic heart disease - occasionally an atypical heart attack can result in right sided pain. Anxiety
Answered: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor