Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the tail bone area followed by difficulty in moving leg. Had bad fall on the tailbone causing severe bruises. Should I go for X-ray?

I fell last friday and again on wednesday on my tail bone. I went to the er and they said it was just severely bruised & could possibly have a hairline fracture but they didn t see one. Tonight driving home I got a severe pain in my tail bone region and then all of a sudden I couldn t move my right leg and almost wrecked and it would have been bad. What is going on should I go back and have more xrays ?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to see a x ray and find out if there is abnormal shape of coccyx,I would recommend you following thing.
1.sitting in a tub filled with warm water to provide heat fomentation
2.take Brufen tablet daily
3. Avoid sitting on hard chair, if you want to sit, use ring shape cushion.
Answered: Sun, 30 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor