Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the hip. Hip impingement on the x-ray. Growth in the femur. Need surgery?

Hell doctors. I m in need of a hip specialist. I m 19 years old, in Special Operations in the military , so am subjected to daily, maniacal workouts. I came up with writhing pain in the frontal flex point of my hip and have been discovered by xray to have a Hip Impingement. Seems theres a bony growth on the femur/ball and it s causing bone on bone with my socket, or acetubulum. Can this bony mass be shaved off to provide me with relief and get me back to where I was athletically? I also heard my military orthopedist use the term pincer. Hope this helps. The military doesn t want to perform the surgery, so I will pursue it on my own. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, this is a case of femoroacetabular impingement of pincer variety as per history and you should consult a hip specialist before you start developing degenerative changes. As far as surgery is concerned they will do Ganz surgical dislocation in case of open procedure or there are some arthroscopic procedures even. Thank you
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor