Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in rectum, hurts to walk, sit, cough, experiencing upper abdominal pain. What might this be ?

Hi Dr.
I am having severe pain in my rectum area. It hurts to walk, sit, go to the bathroom. Hurts to sneeze, cough, bend over. I am also experiencing upper abdominal pain. My everyday life is very painful all day. It's been going on for a little over a month now. If any insight on what it might be please respond. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have some mass palpable at anus?
With the available described details, there could be possibility of thrombosed hemorrhoids or anal fissure.
Aggravation of pain due to coughing or sneezing could be due to active wound at anus and persistent injury.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ general surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for per rectal examination also.
Treatment of anal fissure and hemorrhoids differ and treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should take plenty of water along with laxative containing isapgula and lactitol. Laxative helps in relieving constipation and cure of local wound.
You should also apply lignocaine ointment along with diltiazem.
You should also perform hot sitz bath; put lukewarm water in a tub and sit in it for 15-20 minutes twice in a day. This helps in relaxation of anal sphincters.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib's  Response
Welcome to HCM

The upper abdominal pain is most likely an epigastric pain which is most commonly due to acid peptic disease most often only caused by fatty and junk foods and spicy contents.

The rectal pain you are having is due to hemorrhoids which might develop bleeding after some enlargement or rupture of hemorrhoids. you can use simple pain killers like diclofenic sodium along with analgesic enema available with the name tonocane gel

Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor