Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

197 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Severe pain in lower abdomen during intercourse. Is it because of copper T ?

I am 32 male and my wife is 24 Female, we got married last year and now having a kid of six month, my wife got inserted copper T while she was in India 2 month before and she came to join me last month. we were having very good sex life, two days back she felt a sever pain in lower abdomen while intercourse.. which was slowly released when I put off my weight from her. we consulted a Docter here she told everything Ok and suggested HVS and Urine culture... gave some medicine we are still having sex but with out putting myself on her body... this way is not feeling pain or if feeling but very little. Please suggest .. if it is becasue of Copper T or anything else. Should she remove Copper T and I use condom.
Sun, 15 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Pain during intercourse or dyspareunia can be due to several causes. Copper T can sometimes lead to infections or perforate, but then, she would be much more sick.

An ultrasound examination/ scopy could surely help, but if she is feeling better and you have already seen a doctor, I guess you should not be worried.

Wait and watch.
If there is any problem or worsening, please review with your doctor.

All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....