Severe pain in lower abdomen during intercourse. Is it because of copper T ?

I am 32 male and my wife is 24 Female, we got married last year and now having a kid of six month, my wife got inserted copper T while she was in India 2 month before and she came to join me last month. we were having very good sex life, two days back she felt a sever pain in lower abdomen while intercourse.. which was slowly released when I put off my weight from her. we consulted a Docter here she told everything Ok and suggested HVS and Urine culture... gave some medicine we are still having sex but with out putting myself on her body... this way is not feeling pain or if feeling but very little. Please suggest .. if it is becasue of Copper T or anything else. Should she remove Copper T and I use condom.
Sun, 15 May 2011