Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in lower abdomen, Yellow puss in bowel. Have thyroid. Suggestion?

Hi I have an under active thyroid but was told I had a b12 deficiency no treatment has started asI got a breath test done that was negative , but I ve had severe pain in my lower abdomen and today I have not been able to stop goin to the toilet and my bowel movements have been loose but I ve had pressure both front and back end s all day worse when at the toilet , I also noticed what looks like yellow puss in my poo should I see my doctor again
Fri, 22 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

You are known case of Hypothyroidism and detected to have B12 deficiency.

Your loose motions and pain in abdomen suggest possibility of intestinal infection.

It should be investigated with stool routine and microscopic examination and if necessary culture also.
Other differential could be mal absorption syndrome which proper digestion of food is not there.

B 12 deficiency could be easily corrected with oral or inject able form of therapy.
Your thyroid function must be maintained to normal level with supplementation of Thyroxine.

Symptomatic relief may be obtained with antispasmodic drugs.
You should certainly visit your physician to take proper treatment.

Hope this helps.
Wish you good health.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor