Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in back and neck, large, sore flat area on head along with mushy feeling. History of being trampled by horse. No x-ray done. Help

I was trampled by a horse when I was 16. My back and neck were stepped on, along with my right breast and right thigh. I also hit my head in the . I am now 25. A week after the incident i got a ct that came back normal. Now my head has a large flat and very mushy feeling and almost feels sore when it's touched or my hair is in a ponytail or something. People are so grossed out by it. I am in the middle of switching doctors right now, my 1st appt is actually this week. But my old doctor kept telling me it was nothing but would never agree to any further testing. I am a mother of two babies with numerous other health problems and I'm scared that I never got one xray done on my back or neck although my body feels like I'm 70 yrs old and my back and neck hurt so bad at times I just rock myself and cry.. I wanna live for my babies and right now I'm not living the way I feel every single day.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Your symptoms are involving different parts of body which are difficult to explain by one medical problem. As you have crying spell and disturb sleep along with pain symptoms, then your symptoms may be related to excessive health anxiety.

Anxiety disorders can manifest with not only psychological symptoms but with a variety of physical symptoms also like: pain in multiple different parts of body, palpitation, chest heaviness, choking sensation, tremors (shakiness) etc.

As your CT scan was normal after the injury then you should not worry about that. Your current physician also want to reassure you for lack of physical illness. Same time get evaluated by psychiatrist to find out psychological origin of current distress.

Wish you good health and all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Sat, 11 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor