Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in anal region and unable to pass stools. Diagnosed as herpes, taking anti viral medicines. Solution to ease the pain?

Hi. i went to the hospital a week ago for anal pain. the doctor said i had little ulcer sores that could be herpes so he gave me anti viral meds and sent out tests. i have had anal pain now for 2 weeks and cant have a bowl movement. it feels like im passing glass and its unbearable. also the medication isnt even helping. could this be something else? and how can i make a bowl movement without being in pain? please help.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

We are still unsure about the diagnosis, so we cannot advise much without knowing the condition and understanding the cause, but in the meantime you could consult your doctor and request stool softeners or pain management medication.

Please have a lot of fluids and avoid a rich fiber diet.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor